Thursday, October 8, 2009

yummy healthy bran muffins

So I have been wanting something that I can keep around the house for healthy, quick snacks. The result is this recipe for great bran muffins that are 125 calories each, 6 grams of protein, 4 grams of fiber and 1/5 gram of fat. This is a recipe that I came up with and took me about two months to perfect. Even kids like them. For those of you who have been to the Greenery in Ogden they taste like the mormon muffins there and they are great with a little bit of honey butter.
4 C raisin bran crushed
1.5 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cups vital wheat gluten
1/3 cup brown sugar
2t baking soda
1t salt
2t vanilla
2 egg whites
2/3 cup applesauce
1 cup unsweetened plain or vanilla yogurt
1.5T cinnamon

Mix all ingredients and bake at 350* for 26 minutes. Yield 16

1 comment:

Natalie and Quin said...

I was reading the instructions and I think I missed one. At what step do you deep fry it?