Monday, January 19, 2009


Alright so I am pretty much the worst blogger ever! I'll do a quick catch-up. We finally remodeled our kitchen, and it is gorgeous, I am in love. I got to do it my way, with nobody at all telling me what to do(actually people did tell me what to do, I just filtered out the bad and annoying advice). I got maple cabinets with a coacoa glaze and the edges are sanded to give it a rustic look. My floor is slate, and it's so awesome, since it is natural stone, there are fossils in it. My countertops are granite and they are great because they wont scratch or burn so they are basically Amanda proof!! Unfortunately I am not any better of a cleaner now that my kitchen is pretty than I was when it was ugly, and my kitchen currently looks like a dumping ground for everything under the sun. I haven't taken any pictures of my completed kitchen yet but my mother in law took some when she was down here. It was great cause she cleaned the kitchen before taking the picture!!



This morning, I left evelyn upstairs for like two minutes while I checked something on the computer, when I got back upstairs she had found a tube of lipstick that I thought was lost, dug it out of the tube and covered herself and her dolls with it. She was so proud of herself, but not very happy with me when I was trying to get it off in the bath tub.


Evelyn's current favorite game is to play peek-a-boo. amazingly I was able to get it on camera.

6 comments:

Natalie and Quin said...

That is too funny! Of course she has to find my lipstick that I liked that they don't make any more. It amazes me how they find whatever it is that you don't want them to. We love the peek a boo picture. And I can't believe how long her hair is getting. It hasn't even been a month!

Elena said...

hooray for an update and I want to see pictures of the kitchen!

Jay and Camille said...

Evelyn is so cute! We want to see her so bad. When are you coming up here?

Janet said...

Quin and Natalie told me to come look at your blog. I can see why! Ha! Aren't children fun? Gotta love 'em.

Walkers said...

Man she is getting to be so big! I don't think there is a cuter girl out there.

Steve and Debbie Rigby said...

This is just the beginning of life with a toddler! She is so cute! Give her a hug from us.